Fire Cancels Classes

A small fire, Wednesday, at Jackson High School forced the evacuation of the school and the cancellation of classes.

A teacher reported smelling smoke around 11 a.m. Soon after that the school was evacuated.

When fire crews arrived they the discovered the fire had started in the school's boiler room. A plastic container near a conduit had ignited.

No one was injured and classes will resume Thursday.


WILX 500 American Road Lansing, MI 48911 517-393-0110
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 157576