DELHI TWP - A carelessly discarded cigarette is being blamed for a fire that destroyed a home in Delhi Township last Thursday. Delhi Township Fire Chief Rick Royston tells News 10 Monday that the fire on Haddon Hall Drive was started by careless use of smoking materials. Chief Royston says there are multiple people who smoke at the home.
Royston says the fire started in the wood chips in the front of the house and made its way to the porch. It completely burned the porch and quickly attacked the side of the house and entered the attic. Soon most of the house was engulfed in fire.
Two children and their babysitter were inside the home at the time. The babysitter was able to get the kids out of the house safely.