The Michigan Department of Community Health is reporting another death tied to the fungal meningitis outbreak.
The death was reported to MDCH Wednesday morning-- an 87-year-old woman from Washtenaw County.
Michigan's case count associated with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's multi-state meningitis investigation is now at 233 total cases, including 11 deaths.
For a breakdown of the current 233 cases:
38 meningitis plus epidural abscess
147 epidural abscesses
20 peripheral joints
1 epidural abscess plus peripheral joint
11 deaths* (One death associated with stroke, two associated with an epidural abscess, and eight among patients counted as meningitis cases.)
*Three additional Michigan resident deaths are being counted as an Indiana cases as that's where treatment occurred.
Additional details about the Michigan deaths:
- Washtenaw County - 87 year old woman
- Livingston County - 75 year old woman
- Livingston County - 50 year old woman
- Ingham County - 88 year old woman
- Charlevoix County - 81 year old woman
- Wayne County - 64 year old woman
- Livingston County - 79 year old woman
- Washtenaw County - 61 year old man
- Genesee County - 56 year old woman
- Livingston County - 67 year old woman
- Washtenaw County - 78 year old woman