Cause of Hotel Fire

By  | 

A fire that caused more than $500,000 in damage to an East Lansing hotel and blocked traffic to a nearby freeway likely was caused by an electrical failure, according to investigators.

Guests at the Ramada Inn were roused Monday by doors being pounded and smoke seeking into their rooms about 8:30 a.m.

A hotel maintenance worker was taken to Lansing's Sparrow Hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation. Two other people were treated by paramedics at the scene.

The hotel is just west of Michigan State University.