A fire that caused more than $500,000 in damage to an East Lansing hotel and blocked traffic to a nearby freeway likely was caused by an electrical failure, according to investigators.
Guests at the Ramada Inn were roused Monday by doors being pounded and smoke seeking into their rooms about 8:30 a.m.
A hotel maintenance worker was taken to Lansing's Sparrow Hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation. Two other people were treated by paramedics at the scene.
The hotel is just west of Michigan State University.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.