A Consumers Energy worker is lucky to be alive after coming into contact with a power line in Blackman Township.
While working on a power line in a boom truck bucket, the boom truck operator accidentally moved the worker into contact with the power line. There were 1,400 volts that shot through the man’s body causing injuries to his legs and feet.
The man was airlifted to the University of Michigan Hospital in Ann Arbor. He was conscious and alert after the accident. His injuries are considered non-life threatening.