Fire Sparks Debate

By: Josie Connell
By: Josie Connell

A Friday fire at an East Lansing condo has sparked debate. During the investigation, the fire marshall determined that the many of the apartments were over-occupied. He said that can make escaping difficult.

"We have people living inside these properties where they shouldn't be, and it's a serious safe and health issue," said Mark Meadow, East Lansing Mayor.

But many students said the ordinance goes overboard, increasing their rent. Plus, they said they sometimes have five-bedroom houses, zoned only for two people.


WILX 500 American Road Lansing, MI 48911 517-393-0110
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 1058991 - wilx.com/a?a=1058991
Gray Television, Inc.