• 6 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
• 2 medium carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
• 1/4 cup brown sugar
• 3/4 cup low fat milk or milk substitute
• 1/2 cup honey or vanilla Greek yogurt
• 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
• 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
• 1 teaspoon vanilla or almond extract
• Kosher salt
Directions1. Place potatoes and carrots in the slow cooker and top with remaining ingredients. Season with salt.
2. Cover and cook on low setting, stirring periodically, for 6 to 8 hours or until potatoes are very tender when pierced with a fork.
3. Taste and adjust seasoning. Using a hand-held mixer, whip at medium speed until combined and light and fluffy. Add a bit of additional milk and/or greek yogurt, if needed, to achieve a creamy texture, but do not over-mix. (For totally smooth potatoes, mash first with a potato masher, then whip with the mixer.)
4. Serve warm and enjoy!