• 3 tablespoons garlic olive oil (3 tsp minced garlic added to olive oil)
• Brie cheese, 8-10 slices
• 1 cup fresh cherries, pitted and halved
• 3/4 cup mozzarella, shredded (or 5-6 rounds of thinly sliced fresh mozzarella)
• 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
• 1/2 yellow onion, thinly sliced
• 1 shallot, diced
• 2 tablespoons butter
• 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
• 1 lb. whole wheat pizza dough
Directions1. Preheat oven to 450 (with the pizza stone inside, if you have one).
2. Meanwhile, melt butter in a skillet and add onions and shallots. Cook on low for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Onions should be a deep brown but not crispy when finished.
3. Simmer balsamic on medium heat for 3-4 minutes until it is a syrup consistency. Set aside.
4. Brush garlic olive oil over dough on pizza stone and bake 5 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and lay the mozzarella and brie over the dough.
6. Pile on cherries and caramelized onions and sprinkle with fresh rosemary.
7. Drizzle with balsamic reduction. Bake 15-20 minutes.
8. Remove from the oven and garnish with extra rosemary. Enjoy!
Another option: Add diced grilled chicken, to pizza while baking and finish with fresh arugula or baby spinach.