• 1 cup balsamic vinegar
• ¼ cup honey
• 10-12 slices turkey bacon
• 4 slices of whole wheat bread or sprouted grain bread
• 2-4 ounces of fresh mozzarella, sliced
• 1 whole ripe peach, pitted and cut into 1/4-inch wedges
• 1 cup baby spinach leaves
Directions1. Stir balsamic vinegar and honey together in a small saucepan and place over high heat. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer until the vinegar mixture has reduced to 1/3 cup, about 10 minutes. Set the balsamic reduction aside to cool.
2. Weave the bacon into a square or “bacon blanket. Microwave, bake or fry turkey bacon until crisp. Transfer it to a plate lined with a paper towel or brown paper to briefly drain.
3. Arrange sandwich with cheese, peaches, bacon blanket, spinach and drizzle some of the balsamic reduction on arranged foods before placing the top slice on sandwich.
4. If desired, one may warm sandwich through with a panini press or can create a similar effect by warming thru via a grill pan on the stove. Serve warm and enjoy!