• 3 cups of mashed potatoes
• ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
• 1 egg, lightly beaten
• 6 Tbsp of flour divided
• 1 Tbsp of green onion, finely chopped
• Butter or heart healthy oil
Directions1. In a mixing bowl combine potatoes, cheese, egg, 3 Tbsp of flour, and green onion.
2. Prepare dredging plate with the remaining 3 tablespoons of flour.
3. Shape pancakes in hands and then dredge in flour.
4. Add oil or butter in large skillet and saute them about 2-3 min on each side over medium/high heat or until golden brown. Add more oil if needed.
5. Remove mashed potato cakes to a plate lined with a paper towel to soak up excess oil. Serve with a dollop of plain Greek yogurt or cranberry apple walnut relish. Enjoy!