• 1 15 oz. can unsalted black beans, thoroughly rinsed and drained
• 2 eggs
• 3 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
• 3/4 cup cocoa powder
• 1.5 tsp baking powder
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
• 1/2 cup raw sugar, finely ground in a food processor (or just use granulated sugar)
• 1 tsp peppermint extract
• 1/3 cup of flour of your choice
• 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips (non-dairy, gluten free)
• 2 Tbsp finely crushed candy canes
Directions1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a 12-slot standard size muffin pan.
2. Use blender or food processor to blend all ingredients EXCEPT flour, candy canes, and chocolate chips. Puree about 3 minutes until smooth– scraping down sides as needed.
3. If the batter appears too thick, add 1-2 Tbsp water or milk and pulse again. Should have the consistency of frosting.
4. Stir in flour until blended and then stir in chocolate chips.
5. Evenly distribute the batter into the muffin tin and smooth the tops with a spoon or your finger.
6. Bake for 20-28 minutes or until the tops are dry and the edges start to pull away from the sides. I found mine took about 25.
7. Remove from oven and let cool for 20-30 minutes before removing from pan. They will be tender, so remove gently with a butter knife or fork. The insides are meant to be very fudgy, so don’t be concerned if they seem too moist – that’s the point.
8. Dust with crushed candy cane and serve immediately and whipped cream is optional.
9. Store in an airtight container for up to a few days. Refrigerate to keep longer.