EAST LANSING, Mich. (WILX) -- The 2017 MSU Homecoming Parade takes places Friday (October 20) at 6:00 p.m.
View a map of the parade route here: alumni.msu.edu/assets/PDFs/paradeRoute.pdf
The following East Lansing streets and their intersections will be closed for the parade. Roadways will re-open once the end of the parade has passed through.
- Abbot Road, between Oxford Road/Whitehills Drive and Burcham Drive, from 2:30-7 p.m.
- Abbot Road, between Burcham Drive and Grand River Avenue, from 5:30-7:15 p.m.
- Burcham Drive, between Old Hickory Lane and Abbot Road, from 3:30-7:15 p.m.
- Grand River Avenue, between Abbot Road and the Collingwood Drive entrance to the MSU campus, from 5:30-7:15 p.m.
These streets near the East Lansing Hannah Community Center will also be closed Friday, Oct. 20 for parade staging:
- Centerlawn Avenue, from Forest Street to Abbot Road, from 2:30-7p.m.
- Evergreen Avenue, from Centerlawn Avenue to Northlawn Avenue,from 2:30-7 p.m.
- Forest Street, from Centerlawn Avenue to Northlawn Avenue, from 2:30-7 p.m.
- Fern Street, from Evergreen Avenue to Abbot Road, from 2:30-7 p.m.
- Northlawn Avenue, from Forest Street to Abbot Road, from 2:30-7p.m.
The East Lansing Hannah Community Center will close at noon on Friday (October 20) and the parking lot will be used for parade staging. The East Lansing Public Library will be closed at 3 p.m. due to street closures.
All roads southbound off Albert Avenue, between Durand Street and Abbot Road, will be closed to through traffic. Some roads leading to Abbot Road (Library Lane, Centerlawn Avenue and Northlawn Avenue) will also be closed to through traffic. Eastbound and westbound traffic should take Saginaw Street.
Northbound and southbound traffic should take either Harrison Road or Hagadorn Road.
For more information about MSU Homecoming, visit homecoming.msu.edu/parade