News Producer- FT
DEPARTMENT HEAD: Kevin Ragan, News Director
SUPERVISOR: Jeff Proctor, Executive Producer
Applicant must have experience in television news. Should have a keen eye for graphics and related visuals. Writing and tape editing skills are a must. Must communicate well with people, work quickly on deadlines, and have experienced news judgment.
GRAY TELEVISION; DBA WILX-TV IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG SCREENING REQUIRED.
How to Apply:
SEND RESUME TO:
Attn: Laura Kimmel
500 American Rd.
Lansing, MI 48911
Mitalent.org URL for the position, https://jobs.mitalent.org/job-seeker/job-details/JobCode/7490030
Michigan Talent Bank Job Order Number: 7490030
Electrical Panel Builder
CONTROL SYSTEM INTREGRATORS
Control System Integrators is looking for a talented Electrical Panel Builder to join our busy team.
Electrical Control Panel Builder to assemble and wire industrial motor control panels. Experience and skills with power and hand tools are necessary, and must be able to read schematic wiring drawings.
• Understand and read electrical schematics and drawings
• Operate necessary hand and power tools
• Assemble equipment from drawings and verbal instructions
• Some previous experience with electrical wiring
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment
Prior control panel building experience
• Cut, strip, bend and mount wires to connect electrical units within a panel box
• Identify and correct malfunctioning installation and/or components using test equipment and hand tools.
• Strong mechanical aptitude with the ability to interpret electrical schematics and drawings
• Experience with basic hand and power tools
• Electronic background and mechanical abilities
• Dependable attendance, attention to detail, with a focus on quality results
How to Apply:
To apply visit: http://webconnect.sendouts.net/CN_Frame.aspx?ID=csi&SiteID=WebConnect&Group=csi&Key=CN&startpage=2
Mitalent.org URL for the position, https://jobs.mitalent.org/job-seeker/job-details/JobCode/7326005
Michigan Talent Bank Job Order Number: 7326005
Child Care Health Consultant
MICHIGAN PUBLIC HEALTH INSTITUTE
Purpose: The primary purpose of this position is to reduce the risk of illness and harm to children, promote optimal health for the children enrolled in child care, and increase the capacity of a community’s child care settings to provide a safe and healthy environment. The CCHC provides critical support and services to child care providers to meet the physical health needs of young children. This position provides training on a variety of health topics, offers expertise and consultation to support the development of health and safety policies, procedures, and prevention plans, assists with connections to community resources, and collaborates with an interdisciplinary team of early childhood consultants to ensure health needs of children and programmatic health needs of sites are met.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assess specific needs of child care facility or home and provide appropriate frequency, intensity, and duration of interactions with site. Interactions can be in the form of face to face, email, or telephone. Based on intensity level of site technical assistance needs, face to face visits will be required at a range from once per week to once per month.
2. Maintain appropriate case load based on site technical assistance intensity levels.
3. Assist child care facilities and homes in the development of policies, procedures, and practices that will result in improvement in the areas of health, safety, nutrition, and sanitation.
4. Assist child care facilities and homes to learn monitoring practices to ensure all enrolled children have the required immunizations, and develop a contingency plan for those children who are not up to date.
5. Assist child care facilities and homes to establish monitoring and referral practices to ensure all enrolled children have a medical home and health insurance.
6. Provide child care staff with guidance on how and when to consult with primary care providers regarding medical needs and health plans.
7. Offer recommendations for improvement when concerns arise in indoor and outdoor health and safety assessments.
8. Assist child care facility and home administrators in interpreting and complying with state and national standards, regulations, and licensing requirements related to health, safety, sanitation, and nutrition.
9. Provide guidance to child care directors and home providers in removing health and safety deficiencies to assist them in attaining higher Great Start to Quality ratings.
10. Develop health related trainings with guidance of Physical Health Coordinator.
11. Assess provider’s knowledge of health, safety, sanitation, and nutritional topics and offer training as indicated.
12. Establish an annual training schedule with the child care facility and home administrator, along with the other consultants and area resource team.
13. Assess individual medical needs of children with special needs enrolled in the program and develop, provide, and arrange for necessary training to ensure staff have knowledge and skills regarding required medical procedures.
14. Provide guidance on how to inform parents of enrolled children about information on health, safety, and nutritional matters.
15. Provide education on the importance of standardized developmental screening and resources available to ensure that screening is done as part of a medical home or other means.
16. Provide training that includes but is not limited to infectious disease, injury prevention, safe sleep, oral health, nutrition, physical activity and outdoor learning, environmental health, medication administration, and emergency preparedness.
17. Establish an effective working relationship with community physicians, nurses, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and local health departments.
18. Work with other consultants such as RDs, oral health consultants, social service workers, educational consultants, mental health consultants, and primary care physicians to ensure optimal health of enrolled children.
19. Assist in linking and coordinating state and local community services to the child care facility or home, and families to related health and safety resources.
20. Participate in state meetings and committees as requested.
21. Meet with Physical Health Coordinator to ascertain the needs of childcare field to ensure that training and guidance are meeting the identified needs of staff.
22. Perform other duties as needed or requested by Physical Health Coordinator and State administration.
23. MPHI employees are expected to maintain a positive, strong, credible, professional and interpersonal relationship with all parties relevant of MPHI projects, and represent the best interest of MPHI at all times.
Hiring one person for each of the following counties; Genesee, Kalamazoo, Saginaw, Muskegon, Wayne, Oakland, Macomb, Ottawa, and the Thumb Region. Employee would work out of their home and travel within their area to visit sites. This is a limited term position, current funding through December 2017, with anticipation of extension for these positions
Education: Minimum Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s degree preferred in Nursing or health related field, licensure in related field when applicable
Experience: A minimum of one to three years of work experience in public health with an emphasis on children’s and community health, preferred experience with early care and education.
Important Skills and Characteristics:
1. Knowledgeable of health issues relevant to early childhood.
2. Knowledgeable of medical treatment and management of children with special health needs.
3. Able to develop and implement health and safety policies and procedures.
4. Skilled at reviewing health records, identifying concerns and gaps in service, and determining required interventions.
5. Comfortable with coaching and monitoring health and safety practices.
6. Skilled at interpreting standards, regulations, and quality rating indicators regarding health and safety.
7. Ability to apply public health concepts to child care facility staff in the community.
How to Apply:
All applicants must apply online on the Careers page of www.mphi.org, no emailed, mailed or faxed resumes will be accepted.
MPHI is an EEO/AA employer and prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
MPHI participates with E-Verify.
Mitalent.org URL for the position, https://jobs.mitalent.org/job-seeker/job-details/JobCode/7459804
Michigan Talent Bank Job Order Number: 7459804