Auto Glass Installer
Salary: $13 and $15 per hour depending on skill level and experience.
Seeking a motivated individual who is interested in becoming an Auto Glass Installer. Willing to train the right candidate. Tools will be provided during training period. Hours are Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Must be able to lift and hoist glass and tools repetitively.
How to Apply: Please apply in person at the business address: Rotary Glass, 901 N. US-27, St. Johns, MI 48879
Mitalent.org URL for the position, https://jobs.mitalent.org/job-seeker/job-details/JobCode/8029286
Michigan Talent Bank Job Order Number: 8029286
Production/General Laborer, Ovid
MICHIGAN MILK PRODUCERS
Work week is 40 hours at $14/hour with benefits offered after probationary period is completed. Company provides uniforms and rubber overshoes.
Interested individuals must have drive and ambition plus a willingness plus an ability to work any shift, weekends, and holidays, apply themselves. Must be able to work independently or with little guidance. The facility is a food processing plant and follows personal sanitation and hygiene rules, Cell phone and tobacco use is restricted during work hours and on facility premises. Offer paid breaks and lunch time, however individuals are not allowed to leave the facility during their work shift.
Must be flexible and able to adjust to work schedule changes with little or no notice. May be asked to work two different shifts within the same work week. Must be able to routinely lift, move, slide and situate 55 pounds. Must be able to bend, twist and stand for periods of up to two hours at a time. Must also be able to maneuver up and down stairs (up to 180 steps). Will be expected to work safely with cleaning chemicals. Will be required to wear latex or non-latex gloves continuously for an 8 hours shift. Must have basic keyboarding and computer skills.
Successful candidates will be required to undergo drug screening and undergo appropriate background and/or security check. Applicants with criminal convictions should explain the nature of the crime and result in their cover letter.
How to Apply: Qualified and interested candidates should provide a resume and cover letter outlining related experiences BY MAIL or IN PERSON to: Capital Area Michigan Works!, 101 W. Cass St (Suite A), St. Johns MI 48879 or BY FAX to: 989-224-0946 BY EMAIL to: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT THE EMPLOYER DIRECTLY
Mitalent.org URL for the position,
Michigan Talent Bank Job Order Number: 4587101
CHARTER TOWNSHIP OF MERIDIAN
Salary: $ 23.89 per hour or $49,691 annualized salary
Benefits:Medical, dental & vision insurance, 401a, paid leave
Employment Type:Full Time
Department:Community Planning & Development
Description:Position posted until filled.
Under the supervision of the Chief Building Inspector, performs building plan reviews and on-site inspections, working closely with contractors and building owners, determining compliance and enforcing relevant codes and ordinances. Prepares a variety of reports and assists residents with questions regarding related codes.
Duties:1. Interprets, administers, and enforces building codes and ordinances in accordance with professional standards. Issues permits and certificates of occupancy.
1. Conducts on-site inspections of structures under construction and existing buildings and/or additions to ensure conformity to state and local building codes. Examines materials and methods used; assures compliance to all relevant codes, ordinances, rules, regulations, and standards.
2. Reviews and inspects plans and specifications of new buildings or the remodeling of existing buildings for compliance to codes and ordinances. Approves permit applications for construction or remodeling when requirements are met.
3. Seeks voluntary compliance where standards are not met, recommending corrections, issuing violation notices when necessary, and performing re-inspections to determine actions taken to bring the structure into compliance with standards.
4. Performs periodic building inspections and investigates complaints involving violations of minimum acceptable construction, health, safety, and welfare standards. Prepares inspection reports and records; performs re-inspections as necessary.
5. Provides information and advice to owners, contractors, developers, engineers, and architects regarding building code requirements and construction procedures; offers assistance with applying for permits.
6. Notifies applicants of any deficiencies or discrepancies from code and provides follow-up inspections of unsafe structures or sites. If necessary, issues -Stop Work Order- or suspends, cancels, or revokes permits.
7. Maintains cooperative relationships with other departments, peer agencies, private contractors, property owners, architects, and other parties to coordinate building, zoning, and code enforcement functions.
8. Maintains records of permits issued and denied, inspections, complaints and investigations; prepares reports and correspondence.
9. Remains apprised of developments and changes in laws, building products, and techniques. Keeps abreast of professional developments, legal issues, and other current events through continued education and professional growth. Attends conferences, workshops, and seminars as appropriate.
Performs related work as required.
Qualifications:- A high school diploma or equivalent, with additional vocational training in building trades, engineering techniques, construction technology, or a related field; Associate's Degree and/or Bachelor's Degree in construction-related field a plus.
· Four or more years experience in the construction trades, construction inspection, or related field.
· Registration by the State of Michigan as a Plan Reviewer and Building Inspector.
· A State of Michigan Vehicle Operator-s License.
· Thorough knowledge and understanding of state and local building codes, ordinances, and related laws.
· Thorough knowledge of the principles, practices, and procedures of plan review, site inspection, and code enforcement.
· Skill in interpreting, applying, and enforcing related codes and ordinances.
· Skill in reviewing and interpreting site plans, building plans, complex construction drawings, and specifications.
· Ability to perform site inspections and visual reviews of permit applications, plans, and drawings.
· Ability to establish effective working relationships and use good judgement; initiative and resourcefulness when dealing with builders, architects, planners, property owners, the public, other professional contacts, and municipal officials.
· Ability to critically assess situations, solve problems, and work effectively within deadlines and changes in work priorities.
· Ability to work efficiently with limited supervision.
How to Apply: Online: https://my.jobs/30a987f371d544f0b93399818e0a2dd4151
Mitalent.org URL for the position, https://jobs.mitalent.org/job-seeker/job-details/JobCode/8432601
Michigan Talent Bank Job Order Number: 8432601