FT Professional Support Mechatronics
LANSING COMMUNITY COLLEGE
$17.58 - $19.68/hour
This position is responsible for the daily operation of the Center for Manufacturing Excellence (CME) lab, including but not limited to: Material handling, purchasing and maintaining lab consumables and supplies, equipment oversight and maintenance. This position is also responsible for annual equipment change out, maintaining vendor relations, flexible manufacturing system (FMS) maintenance, organizing and maintaining cold storage, room safety and oversight, event coordination, staying current on the latest industry equipment, and providing oversight of work assignments/projects for the Part-time Lab Assistant and student employees. This position will work with students in both a group setting and a one-on-one basis during their class lab time assisting students in the proper operation of mechatronics equipment, providing additional assistance with troubleshooting and safety, and help students gain a better understanding of industry standards in mechatronics.
• Provide support to students during the open lab for Mechatronics. Students can finish incomplete lab assignments that weren’t completed during their regular lab session with their faculty. This person will assist the students as needed.
• During lab sessions with faculty members, this position will provide lab assistance to students on troubleshooting techniques, equipment operation, and automated system procedures, as needed.
• Make changes to the configuration of the lab space in order to facilitate day to day activities.
• Equipment oversight and maintenance.
• Materials handling.
• Provide oversight of work assignments/projects for the PT Lab Assistant and student employees.
Support projects for the program as well as special projects for other programs within the Technical Careers Division. Candidate will be an advocate for lab safety and be very familiar with Personal Protective Equipment coupled with knowledge of safe industrial practices.
Knowledge of automated systems is paramount to properly supporting the Center for Manufacturing Excellence (CME). Topics include robotics, programmable logic controllers, mechanical, fluid power and material handling systems. Excellent communication skills, problem-solving, and leadership skills are critical competencies as they are necessary to relate to as well as provide assistance to a diverse population including, high school and college students, faculty, and student staff.
Associate’s Degree in Mechatronics related area; OR a combination of relevant education and documented work experience in the skilled trades area.
Successful experience working with students in an education or training environment
(All required qualifications must be clearly identified within your submitted material to be considered for this position.)
Successful experience with Fanuc, ABB, Allen Bradley, Siemens, Parker, SMC automated equipment
Fork Truck License/Training Certification
How to Apply:
To ensure full consideration, please apply by March 13, 2017.
IMPORTANT: This posting may not reflect a current close date. Posting close dates are subject to change. For more information about this position as well as current information about close dates and to be considered for positions at Lansing Community College, you must go to https://www.jobs.lcc.edu/postings/4273 and apply.
Mitalent.org URL for the position, https://jobs.mitalent.org/job-seeker/job-details/JobCode/7524587
Michigan Talent Bank Job Order Number: 7524587
Project Engineer (Mechanical/Manufacturing)
We are like an emergency room at a hospital for metal forming manufacturers. So when their equipment breaks and they can’t fix it they call us. We are the big guys that can handle the huge projects! We have been doing this for over 55 years and are looking for the right individual to complement our team as we are growing. We have the niche in the market as the quickest turnaround while still maintaining the highest quality standards in the industry, so we need someone that embraces those attributes also. This is a salaried position offering $70K+ depending on experience and with promotional potential to a management position. Hours are approximately 7 AM to 6 PM daily with some Saturdays. Health care benefits and 401(K) begin at 90 days; vacation benefits available at 6 months.
Are you a mechanical or manufacturing engineer and bored with the same old same old. We are looking for an engineer to develop cost estimates/quotes. Looking for someone with the ability run a project and work with machinists and millwrights to stay within quoted hours. We also need someone proficient in Solid Works although AutoCAD proficiency is a start. Bachelor’s or Associate degree combined with experience a must.
How to Apply:
Submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mitalent.org URL for the position, https://jobs.mitalent.org/job-seeker/job-details/JobCode/7232240
Michigan Talent Bank Job Order Number: 7232240
General Summary: Under the direction of the Controller, the Budget Director conducts and develops the annual County Budget process; monitors revenues and expenses for conformance to budget; develops recommendations for adjustments. The Budget Director also coordinates detailed financial research and analysis related to the County budget, special reports and other areas as required. This position is responsible for: monitoring the budget status/ledger reports and revenues thereof; assisting project directors and various budgeting entities for submission of accurate and viable budget proposals; supervising a Senior Budget Analyst and other Analysts; and coordinating work assigned by the Controller.
An employee in this position may be called upon to do any or all of the above tasks. (These examples do not include all of the tasks which the employee may be expected to perform.)
1. Coordinate budget process among Commissioners, departments, and Controller’s office to facilitate interaction, accurate information and timeliness and assistance in the preparation of budget proposals at all stages of the process.
2. Develops recommended annual budget calendar and format of County budget process; provides budget entities with budget information and forms.
3. Monitors revenues and expenses to conform to budget and recommend to the Controller necessary changes and corrections to the current year’s appropriations.
4. Works closely with appropriate County departments to analyze and forecast both current and future years’ revenues and expenditures.
5. Assists as necessary in the preparation of financial reports, grant applications, and other reports.
6. Provides budget estimates with future years’ revenue and cost projections as necessary.
7. In conjunction with the Insurance Coordinator, monitors self-insurance funds and recommends necessary adjustments in rates.
8. Maintains close liaison between the Controller’s staff and all reporting entities to facilitate the smooth and accurate flow of all financial transactions.
9. Oversees or carries out research projects as assigned.
10. Attends night budgetary meetings and other meetings as necessary to fulfill responsibilities as Budget Supervisor.
How to Apply:
Apply at ingham.org
Mitalent.org URL for the position, https://jobs.mitalent.org/job-seeker/job-details/JobCode/7470789
Michigan Talent Bank Job Order Number: 7470789