It was a lot more noisy around here last year-- and the Tigers were in the playoffs then too! I'm talking about the hype for Saturday's game in Ann Arbor. It's been relatively quiet all week. Let's examine some reasons why:
1) Of course the Tigers and Yankees. The entire state loves the Tigers, especially dominating the Yankees and that's a bigger story.
2) Few around here think MSU can win the game. The Spartans are 10 point underdogs.
3) Neither team is prominent-- MSU is 4-3 and Michigan 4-2 and the Wolverines are the only one ranked and no higher than 23rd this week.
4) The game is in Ann Arbor.
5) The coaches are saying nice things about each other. No animosity. No bulletin board material.
6) The MSU players are off limits for interviews.
But I'll bet the game has the usual fireworks, wild fans, cheap shots on the field, etc. They'll all be talking about it Sunday and next week depending on how the game plays out.