Michigan State ahtletic director Mark Hollis addressed a variety of issues in his office Thursday. Watching the nearly half hour tape as it returned to the office, he commented that:
1) He is satisfied with his compensation situation, not prominent in the Big Ten nor nationwide, but he says he has been in talks the past few months with President Lou Anna Simon about his pay scale. He seems satisfied with the topic.
2) No softball coaching change despite MSU 's 0-23 league record, 0-15 at home this past season. He seems to stand behind longtime coach Jacquie Joseph, whom he says his popular in the athletic department. He says he has had frank discussions with her and my feeling is she needs to make giant strides next spring to keep her job.
3) He expects to renovate Munn Arena and not build a new hockey facility-- no donor money available for that and it is needed as it is for renovation. Final plans perhaps in a week to be announced.
4) He'd love to see the Big Ten baseball tournament eventually be played at Chicago's Wrigley Field.
5) The new video boards in Spartan Stadium he believes, will change the entire experience for those watching MSU football games. He also wants to keep a Friday night opening game each season on Labor Day week end.